What To Expect
Jesus taught how those who followed Him were to worship God. He declared... "God is a spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24)
True Christians worship God in every act of obedience to Him (Rom 12:1). The Lord has directed Christians to regularly assemble, (Hebrews 10:24-25) the Christians who make up this congregation limit our collective activities to those for which we can establish clear Biblical authority (1 Cor. 4:6).
When we assemble one can expect:
- The Lord's Supper. The memorial feast of unleavened bread and fruit of the vine, observed each Lord's day in commemoration of Christ's death & sacrifice for our sins (Acts 2:24, 20:7; 1 Cor. 11:23-26)
- Congregational Singing of songs of praise & exhortation to encourage and educate in spiritual truths. (Eph. 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
- Bible Preaching presenting simple and relatable studies from God's word to exhort, rebuke, and build faith (Acts 2:42 & 20:7).
- Prayers offered with humble appeals of request and thankfulness to God through Jesus Christ (Acts 2:42; 1 Thess. 5:17).
- Voluntary Contribution. Our guests are not expected to give a contribution. Only the members are expected to give each Sunday the Lord's day to carry out the scriptural work of the church (1 Cor. 16:1-2; 2 Cor. 9:6-7).